Thursday 13 September 2007

Home

I'm currently house hunting. This process began with a six page form, which with a friend from the Eden project, we filled out and submitted to the housing association. Last week we had a really positive meeting with one of the housing officers responsible for the area, and things were looking fantastic - chances were we would have a house really soon and he was extremely positive. Today we have hit difficulties as he has just let us know that the house I was supposed to be viewing today is probably going to fall through.

Why do our souls long to find a place called home? What is it about security that we love so much? I'm intrigued by Jesus teaching on it. For this you need to read it in the context of the passage; you'll then realise what I'm talking about - maybe there is part of me that wants security and safety, rather than the different lifestyle God has called us to once we have accepted Jesus.

No comments: