Wednesday 8 October 2008

madness

Earlier today I was in Manchester, half way back home on my regular commute. As I stood at the bus stop a homeless person approached people in the queue asking for change. You might be thinking "Big deal, it's a city, people are always asking for money - get used to it." Sometimes life makes you take a second glance though. This wasn't just any homeless person. In fact it took me a few seconds to work out what was going on. This was a young child, no more than a metre high, with cross eyes, her mother walking slowly behind her, complete with baby filled papoose. A whole family made homeless, and begging on the streets of our sore, scarred city. If you're not already aware, our current financial crisis is caused by a lack of accessible credit. My question to you is this, and pardon me for being blunt. Your next mortgage or your next meal... what are you worrying about? The world is an insane place to live sometimes.

No comments: